The TriQuint TGL8784-SCC is a monolithic variable attenuator which operates from 2 to 20 GHz. This analog attenuator can operate from a single +2.5 volt power supply if used with an external variable voltage divider circuit. Typical RF performance at 10 GHz includes an insertion loss of 2 dB, maximum attenuation of 15 dB at 10 GHz and input/output return loss of greater than 10 dB.
The device is an absorptive attenuator designed using MESFET technology employing a "PI" configuration which reduces bias currents and simplifies bias networks. The broadband capabilities of this device are versatile in many applications such as telecommunications, military and space. This device has a space heritage.
DC blocking capacitors are provided on-chip. Bond pad and backside metallization is gold plated for compatibility with eutectic attachment methods as well as thermocompression and thermosonic wire bonding processes. The TGL8784-SCC is supplied in chip form and is readily assembled using automated equipment. Ground is provided to the circuitry through vias the backside metallization.
|Frequency (GHz)||Insertion Loss (dB)||Range (dB)||P1dB (dBm)||Voltage (V)|
|2 to 20||2||13||12||2.5|
- 2 to 20 GHz frequency range
- 2 dB insertion loss at midband
- 10 dB input / output return loss
- 13 dB variable attenuation range
- Single polarity power supply required
- Dimensions: 1.702 x 1.219 x 0.152 mm (0.067 x 0.048 x 0.006 in)
This product is listed in the following categories. Click on any of the links to see similar products.
- Networks > BWA / WiMAX
- Networks > Optical
- Networks > Point-to-Point Radio
- Networks > VSAT
- Networks > WLAN
- Defense & Aerospace > Navigation
- Defense & Aerospace > Radar
- Defense & Aerospace > Space > Space Qualified
- Defense & Aerospace > Communications