3 - 7 V Optical Modulator Driver
The TriQuint TGA4956-SM is a MZ and low voltage modulator driver amplifier designed to operate at frequencies that target the 10 Gb/s optical market using an economical 8 x 8 mm surface mount package.
The TGA4956-SM consists of two high performance wideband amplifiers combined with off-chip circuitry assembled in a surface mount package. A single TGA4956-SM placed between the MUX and Optical Modulator provides OEMs with a low-cost, surface mount modulator driver solution.
The TGA4956-SM provides Metro and Long Haul designers with scalable power dissipation for varying output drive requirements (less than 0.42 W at Vo = 3 Vpp, less than 1 W at Vo = 6 Vpp).
RoHS compliant, Moisture Sensitivity Level 1. Evaluation boards available upon request.
|Frequency (GHz)||Power (dBm)||Gain (dB)||NF (dB)||PAE (%)||Voltage (V)||IQ (mA)|
|DC to 12||23||32||3.3 to 5||200|
- 9.9 to 12.5 Gb/s data rates
- Additive RMS jitter: < 1.5 psec
- High gain: > 32 dB
- Adjustable output amplitude: 3 Vpp to 7 Vpp
- Low power dissipation: < 0.42 W
- Rise / fall times: < 25 psec
- Integrated high frequency bias tee
- 3.3 V, 120 mA bias (3 Vpp output)
- 5 V, 200 mA bias (6 Vpp output)
- Package size: 8 x 8 x 2.1 mm