Variable Gain DOCSIS 3.0 Amplifier
The TAT2814A is an RFIC for DOCSIS 3.0 Output Sections, such as CMTS and Edge QAM. It combines a low-reflection differential input stage, a variable gain step attenuator and an efficient output amplifier to provide significant reduction in power consumption and PC board space. It replaces circuitry requiring up to 10x the board space and 2x the power.
The TAT2814A meets the stringent DOCSIS 3.0 output linearity specifications with extra margin to overcome additional losses before the output connector.
The TAT2814A is packaged in an industry standard 7x7 mm 48-pin QFN and consumes less than 5 watts between a 5 V input amplifier supply and an 8 V output amplifier supply. The TAT2814A utilizes proven GaAs pHEMT at Edge QAM optimized voltage to significantly reduce power consumption of the output stage.
|Frequency (MHz)||Attenuation Range (dB)||Gain (dB)||P1dB (dBm)||Output IP3 (dBm)||NF (dB)||Idd (mA)||Vdd (V)||Package Style|
|45 to 1,003||18||30||28||49||2.7||290, 415||5, 8||48-pin 7 x 7 laminate|
- Meets DOCSIS 3.0 with +4 dB typical performance margin
- < 5 Watt nominal power consumption
- Low-reflection differential input/output stages
- 18 dB typical return loss across entire gain range
- Variable gain attenuator: 18dB typical range
- 30 dB typical max gain
- +49 dBm typical OIP3
- 2.7 dB typical noise figure
- Typical input stage bias: 5 V, 290 mA
- Typical Output stage bias: 8 V, 415 mA