CuFlip™ – An Interconnect Technique
CuFlip, pronounced Copper Flip, is TriQuint's patented flip chip interconnect technique. CuFlip uses copper ‘bumps' to replace wire bonds. TriQuint has shipped more than 250 million CuFlip based products.
Benefits of CuFlip over Wire Bonds:
- Enables Superior RF Performance — CuFlip doesn't require the signal to travel through the epoxy, therefore improving performance.
- Design Flexibility — CuFlip enables a more compact design and lower z height, resulting in a smaller overall footprint and offering plug and play placement of CuFlip based products in a wide range of configurations including ultra slim designs.
- Reduced Bill Of Materials — The elimination of wire bonds reduces the overall bill of materials making CuFlip products smaller and reducing board space requirements.
- Enables Faster Manufacturing and Assembly — The uniformity of the copper pillars streamlines product assembly of standard surface mount components by eliminating the need to match each wire bond. In turn, this reduces cycle time and increases throughput and operations.
- Lower Cost — This highly-repeatable process requires substantially fewer steps compared to wire bond assembly, resulting in higher yields. TriQuint is able to pass cost savings onto customers.
TriQuint's CuFlip technology is a strategic differentiator for RF design. TriQuint will continue to leverage its CuFlip process to build smaller, better performing RF solutions for our customers.
using wire bonding
(6mm x 8mm)
(6mm x 6mm)